This article will explain the half-time full-time meaning and how the handicap option works in some sports. You will also see a list of the best betting sites in Nigeria that offer the half-time/full-time market.
What Is Half-Time Full-Time Betting?
Half-time/full-time betting, usually known by its acronym HT FT betting, is a form of multiple betting on the same game. The bettor must choose the result at half-time and the end of the game. The half-time full-time meaning is easy to comprehend as it combines two single bets into a single bet.
There are three possible results each for the first half and the final result.
- The home team can win at half-time.
- The teams can be tied at half-time.
- The away team can win the first half.
- The home team can win at full time.
- The game could end in a stalemate.
- The away team can win at full time.
Half Time Full Time Outcomes
Thus, the Half time full-time meaning market has nine potential outcomes.
- The home team wins the first half, and the home team wins at the end of the game, and is usually symbolised as Home/Home in most sportsbooks.
- The home team wins the first half, and the away team wins at the end of the game (Home/Away).
- The home team wins the first half, and the game ends in a draw (Home/Draw).
- The game ends in an exact hot draw at half-time, and the home team wins at the end of the game (Draw/Home).
- The game ends in a half-time draw, and the away team wins at the end of the game (Draw/Away).
- The game is tied at half-time and ends in a tie (Draw/Draw).
- The away team wins the first half, and the home team wins at the end of the game (Away/Home).
- The away team wins the first half, and the game ends in a tie (Away/Draw).
- The away team wins the first half, and the away team wins at the end of the game (Away/Away).
Half Time/Full Time Bet Examples
For example, there is a Bundesliga match between Bayern Munich and Hertha Berlin, with Bayern Munich playing at home. There could be the following outcomes.
- Home/Home means Bayern will be leading at half-time and still win the game at full time.
- Draw/Draw means neither Bayern nor Hertha will win the first half, and the game will end in a draw.
- Away/Away indicates that Hertha Berlin will win the first half and win the game at full time.
The odds are significantly greater in HT/FT betting, considering there are nine possible outcomes as opposed to the three outcomes in 1X2 betting (Home win, Draw, Away win). Therefore, the returns in HT/FT betting are more significant than in 1X2 betting. However, the risk is greater.
Half-time/Full-time betting is prevalent in football and other sports that offer the 1X2 option, also known as three-way betting. However, it is essential to note that the half-time/full-time betting differs from the win both halves betting.
The latter treats the first half and the second half as two different games, while the former considers only the first half result and the full-time result.
Handicap Betting in Football
Handicap betting, also known as the spread, is a deficit or advantage given to a team at the beginning of a game that they must overcome or use for bettors to win bets. This type of betting is prevalent in football, and the spread depends on the gulf in quality between the two teams playing.
For example, if a top-four team in a league is playing against the bottom-placed team in the same league, the spread might be as high as 4.5. So, for instance, if Paris Saint Germain is playing against ES Troyes in a Ligue 1 match, you can pick the Paris Saint Germain (-2.5) handicap betting option.
This means ES Troyes has a virtual 2.5-goal advantage at the start of the match, which means PSG has to win with at least a three-goal margin for your bet to win.
For clarity, let’s check two illustrations.
- Paris Saint Germain 5-0 ES Troyes; You win (5 – 2.5 = 2.5), which is a positive result.
- Paris Saint Germain 2-0 ES Troyes. You lose (2-2.5 = -0.5), which is a negative result.
Handicap Betting in Basketball
The handicap betting option in basketball is easy to comprehend and rewarding, like football. However, the spread is judged by points spread as opposed to goals in football.
For example, in an NBA regular-season game between the Milwaukee Bucks and the Houston Rockets, if you select the Milwaukee Bucks (-14.5) handicap option. This signifies that the Houston Rockets start the game with a 14.5-point lead which the Milwaukee Bucks must overturn for your wager to win.
Thus if the result is Milwaukee Bucks 126-98 Detroit Pistons. The Bucks won with a 28-point margin, which covered the -14.5 spread you chose.
Types of HT/FT Bets
There are various types of Half-time/Full-time bets. This variety helps users choose the one that seems less risky. These are some of the types of HT/FT bets.
Correct Score HT/FT
This type of bet involves predicting the correct score at half-time and the correct score at the end of the game. Therefore, you have to predict two scores; one for the first half and the other for the full-time score. Furthermore, you must get these two scores correctly for your bet to succeed.
For example, if you pick 2-1/5-1 in a Premier League match between Arsenal and Everton, with Arsenal being the home team, it means Arsenal must win 2-1 at half-time and 5-1 at full time.
The Goals HT/FT bet predicts the number of goals either team will score at half time and full time. You will lose your bet if either or both teams don’t score the expected number of goals.
Corner Kicks HT/FT
The corner kick HT/FT is another HT/FT bet involving predictions for both halves. However, most bookmakers package this option in two forms: they offer a range of corners either or both teams must fall within collectively, e.g. 4-7 corners/ 8-13 corners. They could also set a limit which your selection must exceed, e.g. Over 4.5/Over 10.5 corners.
Half-Time/Full-Time Betting Strategies
These tips will guide you in selecting HT/FT games for your bet slips.
Improve Your Research Game
The HT/FT option is a multiple bet compressed into one, so it requires you to consider a lot of information from multiple sources before making your selections for your bet.
You need to adequately analyse stats like league position, head-to-head performances, performances in both halves of previous games, style of play etc., before making HT/FT predictions.
Set a Game Limit
Many bookmakers allow you to add as many as 50 selections to your betslip. It borders on insanity to fill your betslip up to this limit. It gets trickier when you add many HT/FT selections to your tickets, as it takes just one bad half for you to lose your bet.
Most bookmakers will tempt you into increasing the number of picks in your betslip by offering bonus percentages for more selections. E.g. 20% bonus for ten or more games etc. However, you should resist this temptation and set your game limit to, say, seven selections.
Compare Odds With Other Sportsbooks
Bookmakers provide varying odds for their markets. You should monitor the odds of different sportsbooks and see which one offers returns that suit you. No matter how slight the difference in odds is, it amounts to a lot over time, especially when you play accumulator bets.
What Does HT/FT 1 2 Mean in Betting?
The HT/FT 12, also known as HT/FT double chance, is a type of betting in which either team must win the first half and win the entire game for your wager to win. This option eliminates the possibility of a draw as a winning outcome.
For example, you pick the HT/FT 12 betting option in a Nations League match between Portugal and Switzerland. This means that either Portugal or Switzerland must win at half-time and the end of the match.
The order doesn’t matter in HT/FT 12 betting, as Portugal can win the first half and Switzerland wins at the end of the game. However, if the first half ends in a draw or the game ends in a tie, you will lose your wager.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Half-Time Full-Time Betting?
Like every other type of betting, half-time/full-time betting has advantages and disadvantages. This part of the article focuses on the pros and cons of HT/FT betting.
- The HT/FT betting option is easy to comprehend.
- It provides competitive odds.
- It is especially applicable for games that pit big teams against minnows.
- It is extremely difficult to predict the HT/FT outcome in games.
- If your selection performs poorly, you can lose your bet as early as a few minutes into the first half.
- The Cash Out feature is hardly available on bet slips containing half-time full-time games.
- It is challenging to win accumulators that contain multiple half-time/full-time selections.
Where Can I Bet on Half-Time/Full-time Betting?
There are a lot of bookmakers that offer the half-time/full-time betting option. To help you, we’ve put together a list of some of the top betting sites, which you can view in the table below. Hopefully, you will find them useful now that you are familiar with the half-time full-time meaning.
|Bookmaker||Welcome Bonus||Get the bonus|
|Bet9ja Promotion Code||100% up to ₦100,000 + 50% extra casino bonus||SPORTMAX|
|1xbet Promo Code||300% up to ₦189,280||MAXSPORT|
|Betway Sign up Code||100% up to ₦100,000||MAXFREE|
|Betwinner Promo Code||100% up to 100,000 NGN||NGBET|
|Frapapa Promotional Code||300% bonus up to 300 000 NGN||Go to Frapapa|
|N1bet Promo Code||300% bonus up to 500 000 NGN||Go to N1bet|
|Parimatch Promo Code||120% first deposit bonus, up to NGN 120,000||Go to Parimatch|
|22bet Promo Code||100% match deposit bonus up to ₦50,000||Go to 22bet|
|Yangasport Promo Code||500% First Time Deposit||Go to Yangasport|
|Ogabet Promo Code||Up to 750% Extra Cash on your winnings!||Go to Ogabet|