Many bettors miss out on betting on several betting markets, including the Both Teams to Score betting market. If you don’t know how this market works, here is your chance to find out.Check this guide to find out both teams to score meaning and how to wager on the betting market, including the best strategies for a successful wager.
What Is a Both Teams to Score in Betting?
Wagering on Both Teams to Score (BTTS) is one of the best betting markets. Here, you will predict that both teams playing a particular match will score before the end of the game.
Suppose we use football, for example, if Real Madrid is playing Manchester City in a Champions League game. You will wager on Both teams to score betting market if you are sure that both Real Madrid and Manchester City will score in the game.
Thus, you will only have a return on your bet if both sides score before the end of the game. This betting market is good because you are not worried about who wins or loses the game. All you are concerned about is the two sides scoring at least a goal each.
As a result, your bets will be valid until the final whistle. So you can win your bets as early as after five minutes if both teams can score within the period.
How to Place a Both Teams to Score Bet?
Placing a Both teams to score bet is seamless. It is just the same way you place your 1X2 bets. Check the steps below to find out.
Choose a Bookmaker
The first step in placing a Both teams to score bet is to choose a bookmaker of your choice. It would be best if you researched to find the best one out there.
Ideally, selecting the one that provides the betting offers is the best. Be on the lookout for sportsbooks that offer promotions for the Both teams to score betting market if you can find one.
Register an Account
A bettor cannot wager on a sportsbook without registering an account. It is mandatory to register an account with your chosen bookmaker. The process is always seamless, and you can be done within a few minutes.
Deposit Funds Into Your Account
The third step to wagering on the Both teams to score betting market is to deposit funds into your account. You cannot wager without money. So, it is essential to aid your betting experience.
Select your Picks
Once you have funds in your betting account, you can select your Both teams to score picks. Visit the sports section of the betting platform to do this. Usually, almost all betting platforms have Soccer and the 1X2 betting market as the resulting page of the website’s sports section.
If you want to wager on the Both Teams to Score betting market on Soccer, there is no need to change it from Soccer. If you don’t want to wager on Soccer, then you can change it. Click on the game you want to wager on, and you can change the betting market to Both Teams to Score.
Select your pick by clicking on the “Yes” or “No” buttons to wager your bets. You can select as many picks as possible so that your bets can be accumulator bets.
Enter Your Stake Amount and Submit Your Bets
After selecting all your picks, the last step is to enter the amount you want to stake and submit your bet.
Both Teams to Score Meaning in Football
Since football is a low-scoring sport, the Both Teams to Score betting market is very prevalent. Here, you will predict whether both teams involved in a match will score before the end of the game.
For instance, if Lille are playing against Lyon in a Ligue 1 game, you will wager on the Both Teams to Score betting market if you are sure both Lille and Lyon will score in the game. As a result, your bet will only win when both of them score at least one goal each.
Both Teams to Score in Other Sports
The Both Teams to Score betting market is not only available in football. It is also available in other sports, especially those that count scores as goals.
The betting market is available in sports that record low scores, like ice hockey and futsal.
Both Teams to Score Rules
Before you wager on the Both Teams to Score betting market, it’s essential to be familiar with the rules. This will ensure that you get the best out of your bets.
Here are some of the BTTS rules.
- The betting market only counts for 90 minutes, including additional time. Extra time or penalty shootouts are not involved. So, be careful when wagering on cup games that could lead to extra time and penalties.
- The bet eliminates the option of a goalless draw. So the game cannot end 0-0 because both teams must score.
Both Teams to Score Strategy: BTTS Meaning
Since betting on the Both Teams to Score betting market involves both sides scoring in the game, some strategies will help.
While there is no BTTS strategy that can guarantee to win, following the tips below will be of help when making your Both Teams to Score predictions.
- Do your research on the two sides to ensure they both score with ease. Also, check for the records for the clean sheets of each side. Some teams do not concede goals that easily. The attacking and defensive abilities of both sides come into play here. So it is good to wager on two teams that are poor in defence.
- Check the head-to-head records of the past matches between the two teams. This will give you an understanding of how open the game between the two sides can be.
- Use combo bets to get the best out of your bets. The most popular one is the Both Teams to Score and Win market. Here, you will wager on who will win and both teams to score at least one goal each. You can also find out what Both Teams to Score and over 2.5 meaning is if you want to wager on it.
- Wager on high-scoring leagues. Some leagues are known for scoring a lot of goals. So it is a good place to start your wager.
- Wager on Derby games. For instance, you can wager on relegation-battling teams.
What Is the Difference Between Both Teams to Score and Clean Sheet Betting?
The Both Teams to Score betting market and the Clean Sheet betting market belong to the Goal Scoring betting type. However, they are different.
For the Both Teams to Score betting market, both teams must score for a punter to win the bet. On the other hand, the Clean Sheet betting markets allow a punter to wager on the team that will not concede a goal before the end of the game.
To win your bet, the team you wager on must not concede. As a result, the game can end in a 0-0 draw, which is impossible with a Both Teams to Score bet where each side must score at least one goal.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Both Teams to Score Betting?
Just like every betting market, there is always a good and a bad side. Here are the pros and cons of Both Teams to Score meaning Betting Market.
- Your bets remain valid until the final whistle.
- You don’t have to worry about who wins or loses the game.
- You can claim your winnings before the end of the game once both teams have scored. Your bets could even settle in the first 5 mins of the game.
- Bettors can wager on the bet in both pre-match and live games.
- The game cannot end goalless because both teams must score.
- Neither of the two sides can keep clean sheets.
- The odds could be low in hockey events.
Where Can I Bet on Both Teams to Score?
Choosing some of the best sportsbooks that will offer you value when wagering your Both Teams to Score bets is essential.
Choosing websites with competitive odds and other promotions would be best. We’ve helped you to compile some of the best betting sites in Nigeria for you to bet on.
|Bookmaker||Welcome Bonus||Bonus Code|
|Bet9ja Promotion Code||100% up to ₦100,000 + 50% extra casino bonus||SPORTMAX|
|Betking Promo Code||225% Accumulator Bonus||VIPBET|
|1xbet Promo Code||330% up to ₦189,280||MAXSPORT|
|Betway Sign up Code||100% up to ₦100,000||MAXFREE|
|Betwinner Promo Code||100% up to 100,000 NGN||NGBET|
|bet365 Promo Code||Up to $30 in Bet Credits*|
Min deposit requirement. Bet Credits are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
The bonus code MAXFREE can be used during registration, but does not change the offer amount in any way.
|Frapapa Promotional Code||300% bonus up to 300 000 NGN||Go to Frapapa|
|N1bet Promo Code||300% bonus up to 500 000 NGN||Go to N1bet|
|Parimatch Promo Code||120% first deposit bonus, up to NGN 120,000||Go to Parimatch|
|22bet Promo Code||100% match deposit bonus up to ₦50,000||Go to 22bet|
|Yangasport Promo Code||500% First Time Deposit||Go to Yangasport|
|Ogabet Promo Code||Up to 750% Extra Cash on your winnings!||Go to Ogabet|