Betway offers a welcome bonus of 100% up to ₦250,000 that you can get using the Betway sign up code MAXSPORT when registering. But you need to create an account, deposit some funds and meet all the terms and conditions.
This is the article you need to read to learn about all the Betway deposit methods, common problems, and much more.
How to Deposit Money on Betway?
After you create a sports betting account in Betway, you might think, how to deposit on Betway? That is understandable since you need funds to get bonuses and start placing bets on your favourite sports.
The good news is that the Betway deposit is quick and simple. You can complete the full Betway deposit process by using the simple steps listed below:
- Visit the sports betting site from your mobile or personal computer.
- Login to your account using your login credentials.
- Click on the menu button, go to the ‘My Account’ section, and select the deposit option.
- Select your preferred method from the available Betway deposit methods.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit and proceed with the formalities of your chosen payment method.
After you complete the formalities, your deposit should be confirmed and the process should be done.
The Betway deposit process is usually instant, but it depends on which method you choose. Therefore, the funds should become available in your betting account and you can start betting almost immediately.
What Are Betway Deposit Methods?
Betway gives punters different options in terms of payment methods. This is true in Nigeria as well as in many other countries.
You will find that the most commonly used payment methods in Nigeria are also available on the site. For example, some of the most popular Betway deposit methods include:
- Debit/Credit cards issued by Visa and Mastercard
- Mobile money methods
Almost all the methods are instant and free of charge. Moreover, the minimum deposit is ₦100 for almost every method. However, the maximum deposit limit varies based on which method you choose.
In the following sections, you will find detailed instructions on how to use the common Betway deposit methods.
Deposit Money on Betway via Airtime
Airtime, as you may be aware, is a voucher deposit method. You need to purchase an Airtime voucher if you want to make a deposit via this method. Follow the steps below to make a Betway deposit via Airtime:
- Buy an Airtime voucher worth the amount you want to deposit.
- Visit the operator’s website and log in to your account.
- Open the menu, go to your account options, and select the deposit option.
- Select the Airtime voucher as your deposit method and enter the voucher code.
After you enter the code and confirm your deposit, the funds should become available in your betting account. This deposit method, like most of the others, is instant. But it does require a trip to a shop that sells Betway vouchers such as Airtime.
Deposit Money on Betway via USSD
With some Betway deposit methods, you do not need to access the site. They include the USSD method. You can purchase a voucher and use a USSD code to deposit money into your betting account.
Follow the steps below to make a Betway deposit via USSD:
- Purchase a Betway voucher equivalent to the amount you want to deposit.
- Dial the USSD code from any mobile network.
- Select the deposit option and choose the network connected to your account.
- Enter your voucher PIN and confirm your deposit.
After you complete all the steps above, your deposited funds should become available in your betting account.
Deposit Money on Betway via Quickteller
Quickteller is a popular e-wallet or payment system that is used by many punters in Nigeria. Follow the steps below to make a deposit via Quickteller:
- Open a Quickteller account (if you do not have one already) and deposit funds into your Quickteller account. You can do this via a Visa/Mastercard card.
- Go to your Quickteller account and select the ‘Payment’ option.
- Select the ‘Betting, Lottery, and Gaming’ category and select Betway from the list.
- Enter the deposit amount and confirm your deposit.
Within minutes of completing the steps described above, you should find your betting account balance replenished with the new deposit.
Deposit Money on Betway via Bank Cards
Bank cards are among the most commonly used payment methods for cashless transactions. Follow the steps below to make a deposit via bank cards:
- Visit the operator’s website and login into your account.
- Go to the menu, select your account options, and choose the deposit option.
- Select Visa or Mastercard as your preferred deposit method.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit and enter your card details (you may even be able to save this information for quick use in the future).
- Proceed with the security steps and confirm your deposit.
After you complete the steps listed above, it should take no more than a few minutes. Then the deposit process should be complete.
The funds should be deducted from your account or credit balance and made available in your betting account.
Deposit Money on Betway via Paystack
Paystack is a secure payment gateway that allows you to make transactions via bank cards or EFT. It has emerged to become one of the most popular payment methods in the iGaming niche. As a consequence, you can now access this method as one of the Betway payment methods.
Follow the steps below to make a deposit via Paystack:
- Create a Paystack account (if you do not have one already).
- Visit the online sportsbook and login into your account.
- Go to the menu, find the account options, and select the deposit option.
- Choose Paystack as your deposit method. This should direct you to the Paystack portal.
- Login to your Paystack account and enter the required details including the deposit amount.
Once you have completed the deposit process at Paystack, you should be directed back to the sportsbook. You will then find that your account balance has increased by the deposited amount.
Deposit Money on Betway via Bank Transfer
You can even use a direct bank transfer to make a deposit. This does not mean you need to visit a bank or need the sportsbook’s account details.
The entire process can be done online. Follow the steps below to make a Betway deposit via bank transfer:
- Visit the operator’s website and log in to your account.
- From the menu, go to the ‘My Account’ section, and choose the deposit option.
- Select EFT as your deposit method. This should open up a list of banks.
- Choose the bank you want to deposit from. Log in to your internet banking account.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit and complete the security steps.
After you complete the steps listed above, the funds should be transferred from your bank account to your Betway account.
Betway Nigeria Welcome Bonus
The welcome bonus is a 100% deposit bonus that can give you up to ₦250,000 as a bonus on your first deposit.
You can claim the bonus by using the promo code MAXSPORT during registration. But you need to meet a minimum deposit requirement as well. You need to deposit at least ₦1000 to get the bonus and meet all the requirements.
How Long Does the Betway Deposit Take?
Almost all the deposit methods are instant. That means that most of them take a few minutes under most circumstances. But this can extend to a longer period under exceptional circumstances.
Can I Withdraw My Deposit on Betway?
Yes, you can withdraw money from the sportsbook using some of the same deposit methods. But you cannot make a withdrawal without wagering your deposits.
Your betting account is for you to make bets. If the sportsbook observes that you simply allow your deposits to sit idly, then it may refuse to approve your withdrawal requests.
What Is the Minimum Amount to Deposit in Betway?
Just like other sportsbooks, Betway has a minimum deposit requirement. This can vary from country to country. But in Nigeria, the minimum deposit requirement is ₦100.
How Much Can I Deposit on My Betway Account?
While there is a minimum deposit requirement on Betway, the maximum is dependent on which payment method you use. Whereas, some Betway deposit methods have lower maximum deposit limits.
Betway Deposit Problem: What Should I Do?
You could encounter deposit problems due to a number of reasons. For instance, you could face some technical issues. Or, your payment method may be denied by the sportsbook because of insufficient balance or another reason. In such cases, you can seek solutions based on the root cause of the problem. For instance, you can try another payment method. Or, you can contact customer service if the problem seems to be technical.